Aug 02

Wedding Topper

It worked! After much hard work, and rather a lot of Fimo in the bin, I resorted to using a model horse and then making the bride, groom and dog from Fimo. I discovered that making a successful topper requires several skills including dressmaking – I made the groom’s morning suit from individual pieces to give a more tailored look. The cala lillies and gerberas were all scaled down too. The bride and groom were delighted.

100_0494

The cake itself was three tiers and featured handmade cala lillies in hot orange and hot pink. I used polystyrene separators between each tier, to give space for the flowers. Version one proved to be rather top-heavy so back to the drawing board and I used larger separators. Even so, the resultant 5 tiers had to be balanced perfectly as the reception was in a marquee, and in my experience, tables and floors in marquees are never 100% solid!

100_0491